Friday 1 January 2010

The Pickled Peach ... Take 2

The previous Pickled Peach blog (which is still in existence on another well-known blogging site) was about cooking. At that point in my life, I cooked. I cooked a lot. And I was generally considered to be very good at it. My brother-in-law, who I consider to be fierce competition, has conceded that he thinks I'm a better cook. And so does his wife. From them I take that as a huge compliment.

Funny how things move on. I now cook very rarely, and I eat out lots. This is bad for my bank balance, my waistline, and my cooking blog. But I really wouldn't have it any other way. I've also found that I spend much more time reading restaurant review blogs than cooking blogs. I find them interesting and useful when I'm looking for somewhere to go, or to check out a recommendation I may have had.

But that's not the main reason I'm starting this one - after all London restaurant review blogs are aplenty out there, and most of them are faithfully updated by better writers than me (and people brave enough to take photos of their food in restaurants - I've tried and I'm just too self concious!). The reason for doing this is that Mr PP and I would love to have a record of the places we've been and what we ate there. Neither of us are very good diarists and our 11 years of culinary adventure have so far gone undocumented.

So for 2010 I'm going to try to remedy that, and hope that I can create something that we can look back on with fond memories. And if anybody else finds it interesting or useful, then that's a good thing too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment